Pumpkin turkey chili
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1.5-2 pound lean ground turkey
- Two 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes, undrained
- One 15-ounce can 100% pumpkin purée
- One 15-ounce can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Topping Choices: Shredded Cheddar cheese, sour cream or plain yogurt, fresh cilantro
Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion and turkey and cook, breaking up the large pieces of meat, until no longer pink and the onions soften, about 5 minutes.
Add the meat mixture, tomatoes, pumpkin, beans, corn, chili powder, cumin, and cinnamon to crockpot and stir until combined.
Turn crockpot to low and let cook for 1-4hrs. Serve in individual bowls with optional toppings.