Green Beans & Pancetta with Whole-Grain Mustard Dressing
No holiday table is complete without green beans. Here we toss them with crispy bits of pancetta, shallot and whole-grain mustard after cooking. The result is big flavor in a flash.
- 1/2 cup chopped pancetta (about 2 oz.)
- 2 tbsp chopped shallot
- 1 1/2 lbs. green beans, trimmed
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp whole-grain mustard
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from eatingwell.com
1. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add pancetta and cook, stirring often, until crispy, about 5 minutes. Transfer with a slotted spoon to a paper towel-lined plate.
2. Add shallot and green beans to the pan. Cook, stirring, until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Add water and salt. Cover and cook until the beans are tender and the water has evaporated, about 8 minutes. Remove from heat and toss with mustard, pepper and the reserved pancetta. Transfer to a serving dish.