Mediterranean Cod with Tomatoes
- 2 medium onions, sliced medium thick
- 3 medium cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup + 1 TBS chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 cups fresh or 1 15 oz can (BPA-free) diced tomatoes
- 2 TBS fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped black olives
- 1 TBS capers
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- 1 lb cod fillets, cut into 2-inch pieces
- salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- red chili flakes to taste
1.Slice onions and chop garlic and let sit for 5 minutes to bring out their hidden health benefits.
2.Heat 1 TBS broth in a 10-12 inch stainless steel pan or skillet. Healthy Sauté onion over medium heat for about 5 minutes in broth, until translucent. Add garlic and continue to sauté for another minute.
3.Add rest of broth, diced tomatoes, and lemon juice. Bring to a simmer on high heat. Once it starts to simmer reduce heat to medium and simmer for about 5 minutes.
4.Add herbs, olives, capers, and cod fillets; cover and simmer for about 5 minutes, depending on how thick the fish is. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve cod mixed with tomato herb sauce.
You'll also love
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (812 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (704 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (489 Votes)
- Famous Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (467 Votes)
- Creamy Shrimp & Mushroom Pasta 4.5/5 (260 Votes)
- Easy & Healthy Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (194 Votes)
- Blackened Grilled Tilapia 4.5/5 (142 Votes)