Mediterranean Cod with Tomatoes
- 2 medium onions, sliced medium thick
- 3 medium cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup + 1 TBS chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 cups fresh or 1 15 oz can (BPA-free) diced tomatoes
- 2 TBS fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped black olives
- 1 TBS capers
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- 1 lb cod fillets, cut into 2-inch pieces
- salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- red chili flakes to taste
1.Slice onions and chop garlic and let sit for 5 minutes to bring out their hidden health benefits.
2.Heat 1 TBS broth in a 10-12 inch stainless steel pan or skillet. Healthy Sauté onion over medium heat for about 5 minutes in broth, until translucent. Add garlic and continue to sauté for another minute.
3.Add rest of broth, diced tomatoes, and lemon juice. Bring to a simmer on high heat. Once it starts to simmer reduce heat to medium and simmer for about 5 minutes.
4.Add herbs, olives, capers, and cod fillets; cover and simmer for about 5 minutes, depending on how thick the fish is. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve cod mixed with tomato herb sauce.
You'll also love
- Spaghetti Squash Salad with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Crock-Pot Boston Butt Shoulder for... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pumpkin Spice Rum Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Horseradish Herb Crusted Salmon 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Camarones Enchilado - Cuban Style... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cashew-Crusted Halibut with Pesto... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Riggies with charred tomatoes,... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cod Taco 0/5 (0 Votes)