One-Pot Baked Ziti with Sausage and Spinach - CC
- 8 ounces sweet Italian sausage, casings removed
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (28-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 cups water
- 12 ounces (3 3/4 cups) ziti
- 6 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 7 ounces (7 cups) baby spinach, chopped coarse
- 6 ounces whole-milk mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/4-inch pieces (1 1/2 cups)
- 2 ounces Parmesan cheese, grated (1 cup)
- 8 ounces (1 cup) whole-milk ricotta cheese
1. Cook sausage in Dutch oven over medium-high heat, breaking up pieces with spoon, until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in tomato sauce, diced tomatoes and their juice, salt, oregano, sugar, and pepper flakes. Bring mixture to boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until thickened, about 10 minutes.
2. Stir in water, pasta, and 4 tablespoons basil. Increase heat to high and bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer vigorously, uncovered, until pasta is still very firm but just starting to soften, 6 to 8 minutes, stirring frequently. Adjust oven rack 8 inches from broiler element and heat broiler.
3. Remove pot from heat and stir in spinach, 3/4 cup mozzarella, and 1/2 cup Parmesan. Dollop surface of pasta evenly with spoonfuls of ricotta. Top with remaining 3/4 cup mozzarella and 1/4 cup Parmesan.
4. Broil ziti until cheese is bubbling and beginning to brown, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer to wire rack and let cool for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons basil and serve.
You'll also love
- Crock-Pot Boston Butt Shoulder for... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pumpkin Spice Rum Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Jaleo-style Spinach 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Braised Pork Ribs with Rigatoni 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Macaroni Salad-Evelyn Athens 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Kale or Spigarello Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Rigatoni with Sausage and Chives -... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spinach &Feta-Stuffed... 0/5 (0 Votes)