CRISPY SKIN SALMON WITH CRUSHED POTATOES
Prep 5 min
Cook 25 min
Skill Level MEDIUM
Serving Size 1
- 1 thick piece of fresh salmon
- 6 to 8 vine or cherry tomatoes
- 4 small washed new potatoes with skin on
- 1 garlic clove
- half lemon
- Handful of dill herb
- 2 tbs salted butter
- A little cooking oil
- Salt and pepper
Adapted from recipe30.com
In a saucepan, add your potatoes, cover with cold water and bring to a low simmer for 25 minutes.
Cut half inch deep incisions widthwise into your salmon skin, keep them approx 1/4 inch apart.
Open the slits you just cut and season with salt (You cal also add a little oil).
Slice your tomatoes in half, keep aside.
Chop the fresh dill, keep aside.
With the lemon, remove top and bottom, then remove the skin along with the pith. Slice and then dice into little cubes and keep aside (remove any seeds).
Once potatoes are cooked, strain and return to saucepan and crush using a fork or potato masher but do not mash, only crush.
Grate approx one third of garlic clove and add to potatoes.
Add 1 tbsp of butter.
Season with salt and pepper, put back on low heat and lightly mix ingredients, keep aside.
For the fish, using a non stick pan on moderate heat, add your cooking oil.
Place your salmon skin side down in slightly sizzling oil, turn heat to low for a approx 5 minutes.
The salmon will start turning white where it's cooked, when the cooked part reaches one third (for medium rare) flip over and cook other side for 2 minutes. Cook longer if you prefer your fish cooked more.
Place you potato crush on the plate, and then place your fish on the crush skin side up.
In the same frying pan you cooked your fish, tip half the oil out.
Add the remaining butter, the diced lemon and the cut tomatoes. Cook for one minute, if too dry add a little water or white wine to moisten.
Add the chopped dill, mix and pour over fish immediately.
You'll also love
- Ground Turkey Ragu with Tagliatelle 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- One Pan Veggie Fajita Pasta 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Spinach with Chickpeas and Fried... 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Grilled Leeks with Leek-Tomato... 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Crab Meat appetizers 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Zucchini Salad with Isabel Tuna 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Spanish Tortilla with Tuna 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Eggs en Cocotte with Smoked... 4.8/5 (4 Votes)