Tomato Basil Pasta
From the internet.
- 12 oz. pasta
- 1 can (15 oz.) diced tomatoes with liquid
- 1 large sweet onion, cut in julienne strips
- 4 garlic cloves thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp. dried oregano leaves
- 2 large sprigs basil, chopped
- 4 1/2 C vegetable broth (not low sodium)
- 2 TBS. extra virgin olive oil
- Parmesan cheese for garnish
1. Place pasta, tomatoes, onions, garlic, basil, in a large stock pot. Pour in vegetable broth. Sprinkle on top the pepper flakes and oregano. Drizzle top with oil.
2. Cover pot and bring to a boil. Reduce to a low simmer and keep covered and cook for about 10 min. stirring every 2 min. or so. Cook until almost all liquid has evaporated.
3. Season to taste with salt and pepper, stirring pasta several times to distribute the liquid in the bottom of the pot. Serve garnished with Parmesan cheese.
You'll also love
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (814 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (738 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (705 Votes)
- Buffalo Ranch Alfredo Pasta 4.5/5 (687 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (666 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (489 Votes)
- Crock Pot Ravioli Casserole 4.5/5 (475 Votes)