Panera Bread Pudding with Apples, Pecans and Raisins
Delight guests with this fruity bread pudding made with their
signature Cinnamon Raisin bread
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 loaf Cinnamon Raisin White Bread torn into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- Zest and juice of 1 large orange
- 1/4 cup apple cider
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract or rum
- 8 small baking apples (about 2 pounds) such as Fuji, Gala or Granny
- Smith, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup apple, quince, or blackberry jam or jelly
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
3. Add the bread and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until well coated.
4. Add the sugar, pecans, orange zest and juice, cider, and vanilla
5. Cook an additional 2 to 3 minutes until a sauce begins to form.
6. In a 9 x 13-inch baking dish, layer the bread mixture with the
apples and dot the top with the jam or jelly.
7. Bake 30 to 40 minutes, or until bubbly.
You'll also love
- Carrot Cake (Jenny Belushi 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Biggest Loser Turkey Chili 4/5 (4 Votes)
- Tortellini & Spinach Lasagna... 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Crab Cakes with Lemon Caper... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Cider-Braised Bratwurst with Apples 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Mimi's Carrot Raisin Bread... 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Oatmeal Raisin Cookies with... 3.7/5 (64 Votes)