Broiled Tilapia Parmesan
Delicious and quick, this dish is a great way to get more fish into your healthy meal plan! We think this baked tilapia recipe can't be beat!
- 1/4cup1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2tablespoons2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1tablespoon1 tablespoon and 1-1/2 teaspoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1tablespoon1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/8teaspoon1/8 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8teaspoon1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8teaspoon1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8teaspoon1/8 teaspoon celery seed
- 1pound1 pound tilapia fillets
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 15mins
Adapted from recipes.sparkpeople.com
Preheat your oven's broiler. Grease a broiling pan or line pan with aluminum foil.
In a small bowl, mix together the Parmesan cheese, butter, mayonnaise and lemon juice. Season with dried basil, pepper, onion powder and celery salt. Mix well and set aside.
Arrange fillets in a single layer on the prepared pan. Broil a few inches from the heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Flip the fillets over and broil for a couple more minutes. Remove the fillets from the oven and cover them with the Parmesan cheese mixture on the top side. Broil for 2 more minutes or until the topping is browned and fish flakes easily with a fork. Be careful not to overcook the fish.