Spicy Pasta With Tilapia
Per serving: Calories 435; Fat 9 g (Saturated 1 g); Cholesterol 28 mg; Sodium 71 mg; Carbohydrate 63 g; Fiber 13 g; Protein 24 g
- 1/2 pound tilapia fillets, cut into small chunks
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 28-ounce can San Marzano tomatoes, crushed by hand
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil, plus more for topping
- Kosher salt
- 10 ounces multigrain spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Toss the tilapia, 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 teaspoon of the garlic and 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes in a medium bowl. Cover and refrigerate.
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the remaining garlic and 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes and cook, stirring, until the garlic starts to soften, about 30 seconds. Add the wine and simmer until reduced by half, about 3 minutes. Add the tomatoes, 1/4 cup basil and 1/2 cup water. Bring to a boil and cook, stirring occasionally, until the sauce is slightly thickened, about 12 minutes.
Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook as the label directs.
When the pasta is almost done, add the tilapia to the skillet with the tomato sauce and simmer, stirring gently, until just cooked through, about 3 minutes. Stir in the parsley and the remaining 1/4 cup basil; season with salt. Drain the pasta and add it to the sauce. Divide among bowls and top with more basil.
You'll also love
- Vegan Sweet Potato Gratin 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Grilled Veggie and Pineapple Salad 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Italian Style Tuna Salad 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Salmon Croquettes W. W. Points... 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Orange-Ginger Baked Whole Tilapia 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Spicy Sausage Pasta 4.4/5 (19 Votes)
- Tilapia Stuffed with Crabmeat 4.4/5 (13 Votes)