- 1/2 cup plus 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 granny smith apples
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup dried fine breadcrumbs
- 6 sheets phyllo dough, thawed if frozen (roughly 13x16 inches)
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- lightly sweetened whipped cream, for serving
Preheat oven to 375*.
Combine sugar, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl; set aside 3 tbsp mixture.
Peel and core apples; cut into quarters, then cut crosswise into 1/4 inch pieces. Toss with lemon juice; stir into sugar mixture with apricots and breadcrumbs.
Brush 1 sheet phyllo with butter, and sprinkle with 1 tsp reserved sugar mixture. Top with remaining 5 sheets phyllo, layering with butter and sugar mixture. Scatter filling on phyllo, leaving a 1/2 inch border.
Starting with a long end, roll up to enclose filling; place strudel, seam side down, on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Brush top with remaining butter; sprinkle with remaining sugar.
Bake until golden brown and cooked through, 45-50 minutes. Let cool on wire rack 10 minutes. Cut into slices; serve warm with whipped cream.