- 7 apples, peeled, cored, sliced into thin pieces
- 1/4 cup orange juice (juice of 2-3 oranges)
- 2 tbs. raw honey (melted to liquid)
- 1 tbs. pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- Crumble Topping
- 1 cup almond flour/meal
- 2 tbs. finely ground pecans
- 4 tbs. raw honey (melted to liquid)
- 2 tbs. coconut oil or spread (softened)
Adapted from pureandsimple.typepad.com
In a large bowl, mix together apples, orange juice, honey, maple syrup, cinnamon and nutmeg. Pour into a pie dish and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Remove from the oven to sprinkle crumble on top.
Mix together almond flour, pecans, honey and coconut oil in a small bowl until well combined. Take small portions of it into your hands and sprinkle chunks of it onto the apples. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.