Roasted Pears and Parsnips
Recipe source: Fine Cooking | Oct/Nov 2014
Roasting pears with earthy parsnips plays up the root vegetable's natural sweetness. This simple side dish is perfect paired with seared pork chops.
- 1-1/2 lb. parsnips, trimmed, cored, and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 firm pears, trimmed, cored, and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- Kosher salt
- 1 Tbs. white balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbs. chopped fresh dill
- Toss with the vinegar and dill.
Adapted from finecooking.com
1. Heat oven to 425°F. Toss the parsnips and pears with the oil, paprika, and 1-1/2 tsp. salt.
2. Roast the vegetables in the oven until tender and browned, about 25 minutes.
3. Toss with the vinegar and dill.
You'll also love
- Paleo Roasted Butternut Squash Soup 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Caraway Coleslaw with Citrus... 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Paleo Healthy Zucchini Soft... 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Pan-Seared Pork Chops With Roasted... 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Pear and Apple Cardamom Ginger... 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Hazelnut Tea Cake with Moscato... 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Roasted Parsnips 4.6/5 (21 Votes)