Pear and Apple Cardamom Ginger Muffins
There's not an easier breakfast than grabbing a muffin on your way out of the door. Make these on a Sunday night and you have breakfast taken care of all week! Plus muffins are the perfect way to use up the leftover fruit in your fruit bowl.
- dry ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup quinoa flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- wet ingredients:
- 2 tablespoon ground flax mixed with 4 tablespoons warm water
- 1 cup unsweetened nondairy milk
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon stevia
- 1 cup diced peeled apple (about 1 medium)
- 3/4 cup diced peeled pear (about 1 medium)
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from healthyslowcooking.com
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and prepare a muffin tin by either spraying with oil or use muffin liners.
Mix the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl and set aside.
Mix the wet ingredients in a smaller bowl and then pour the wet ingredients in the dry. Mix thoroughly and divide the batter to fill the 12 muffins.
Bake for 18 to 22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. You can freeze these and heat them up right before serving if you don't think you'll eat them all.
You'll also love
- Onion Soup- Style Farro (food... 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Chicken & Noodle Delight 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Acorn Squash Soup Vitamix 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Hazelnut Tea Cake with Moscato... 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Preserved Lemons 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- muffin - quinoa pear muffins with... 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Roasted Applesauce 4.8/5 (5 Votes)