Chicken and Black Bean Chimichanga
From September 2015 Southern Living
- 1 pound shredded deli-roasted chicken
- 1 (15-oz)can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (4-oz) can mild chopped green chilies
- 1/4 c. salsa verde
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 c. chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 (10-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 c. (4-oz) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/3 c. canola oil
- Toppings: guacamole, sour cream, chopped tomatoes
1) Stir together first 7 ingredients in a large bowl. Divide chicken mixture among tortillas, placing mixture just below center of each tortilla. Sprinkle with cheese. Fold sides of tortilla over filling and roll up.
2) Fry chimichangas, in 2 batches, in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until browned and crispy. Drain on paper towels. Serve with desired toppings.