Leek and Potato Soup
An excellent lunch or light supper soup. This recipe is from from Julia Child, and it is called "Potage Parmentier" and it is delicious and simple to make. "Leek and Potato smells good, tastes good, and is simplicity itself to make."
Recipe from Julia Child, "Mastering the Art of French Cooking, Vol. 1"
- 3-4 cups of 1 pound, peeled potatoes, sliced or diced
- 3 cups or 1 pound thinly sliced leeks, including the tender green
- 2 quarts water
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 4-6 tablespoons whipping cream
- 2-3 tablespoons minced parsley or chives
Simmer the vegetables, water and salt together, partially covered, for 40-50 minutes, until the vegetables are tender.
Mash the vegetables in the soup with a fork, or pass the soup through a food mill. Correct seasonings. Off heat and just before serving, stir in the cream by spoonfuls. Pour into a tureen or soup cups and decorate with the herbs.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (812 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (488 Votes)
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (451 Votes)
- Leek and Garlic Mashed Potatoes 4.5/5 (47 Votes)
- Hearty Leek and Potato Soup 5/5 (4 Votes)
- Brie-Leek Tartlets 5/5 (4 Votes)