Olive Chicken Mozzarella
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 whole chicken breasts boned, skinned, and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 1 can sliced mushrooms - (8 oz) drained
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce - (14 oz)
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 cup sliced pimento stuffed olives
- 1 package sliced mozzarella - (6 oz)
Combine flour and salt in plastic bag and coat chicken. Brown chicken in olive oil. Arrange chicken in a 2-quart shallow baking dish.
Saute garlic and onion in drippings until onion is tender. Stir in mushrooms, spaghetti sauce, oregano, and olives. Pour tomato-olive sauce over chicken. Cut cheese slices into strips and place on top of chicken.
Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven until chicken is tender, about 30 minutes.
This recipe yields 6 to 8 servings.