Black Eyed Pea And Sausage Soup
- 2 cups dried black eyed peas - (12 oz) soaked overnight, and rinsed
- 1/2 pound bacon cut 1/2" pieces
- 1 large red onion minced
- 3 garlic cloves chopped
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt (or granulated salt)
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 pound turkey kielbasa cut 1" pieces
- 1/3 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/3 cup coarsely-chopped parsley
In pressure cooker, saute bacon until crisp. Add onion and garlic and cook until onion is softened, about 3 minutes. Add peas to bacon mixture and stir well. Add broth, tomato paste, oregano, bay leaf, salt, pepper flakes, and brown sugar. Stir until thoroughly mixed.
Secure lid. Over high heat, develop steam to high pressure. Reduce heat to maintain pressure and cook 5 minutes. Release pressure according to manufacturer's directions. Remove lid.
Add kielbasa, bell pepper, and parsley to pea soup. Bring to a boil over high heat and cook, uncovered, 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Discard bay leaf.
This recipe yields 6 to 8 servings.
You'll also love
- Southwestern Corn & Black Eyed Pea... 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Duck Burgundy 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lemonade Ice Ring 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grandma Paul's Caramel Corn 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Baked Sausage And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sausage And Grapes With Saba 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Pinto Bean Hummus 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Bobby Flay's Black Bean Soup With... 0/5 (0 Votes)