Pinto Bean Hummus
- 1 cup dried pinto beans
- Water to cover beans
- 1/2 onion
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons tahineh
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 36 slices French baguette
- 3/4 cup frozen peas thawed
- 3/4 cup diced cooked carrots
- 3/4 cup corn kernels
Put beans in 3-quart saucepan and cover with water. Add onion. Bring to boil, then reduce heat and simmer until beans are tender, about 1 1/2 hours. Add additional water, if necessary.
Cool beans to room temperature. Drain beans and puree in food processor. Add lemon juice, tahineh, cumin, garlic, salt and cayenne pepper, and puree until smooth.
Toast bread slices. Spread scant tablespoon hummus onto each. Spoon about 1 tablespoon peas onto each of 12 toasts and press peas lightly into hummus. Spoon about 1 tablespoon carrots onto each of 12 more toasts and press into hummus. Finish by spooning about 1 tablespoon corn onto each of remaining toasts and pressing into hummus.
This recipe yields 36 servings.
Each serving: 76 calories; 120 mg sodium; 0 cholesterol; 1 gram fat; 14 grams carbohydrates; 3 grams protein; 0.97 gram fiber.
You'll also love
- Asparagus, Leek And Morel Tart 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Pie 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Bobby Flay's Black Bean Soup With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- White Bean Bechamel Over Asparagus 0/5 (0 Votes)
Review this recipe