Roasted Bourbon-Glazed Chicken Breasts
- [glaze from my bourbon-glazed salmon]
- serves 4-6
- 4 large, bone-in split chicken breasts (mine totaled 4.8lbs)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups bourbon
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- sage, if desired
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Combine the bourbon, sugar, mustard, garlic, honey, vinegar and worcestershire in a small saucepan and whisk. Heat over high heat and allow it to come to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and let simmer for 10-12 minutes, or until mixture reduces by about half. Set aside and let sit at room temperature while you prepare the chicken. The glaze will thicken a bit at this time.
In a bowl, combine salt, pepper, paprika, onion and garlic powder. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and add olive oil. Season chicken breasts on both sides with mixture, then place skin-side down in the skillet. Cook for 2-3 minutes, or until chicken is golden brown, then flip and repeat on the other side. When finished, add chicken to an oven-safe baking dish. Pour half of the glaze overtop of chicken, add sage leaves on top if desired, then roast for 30 minutes. Half way through cooking, brush chicken with a bit more glaze.
When chicken is finished, remove from oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes. Serve with additional glaze for topping.
You'll also love
- Egg and Spinach Quiche Cups 4.9/5 (9 Votes)
- Layered Mexican Chicken - Weight... 4.5/5 (42 Votes)
- Cheesy Honey Mustard Chicken 4.2/5 (66 Votes)
- Crockpot Bourbon Chicken 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker Honey Sesame... 4.4/5 (24 Votes)
- Chicken Parmesan Wonton "Cupcakes" 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Baked Chicken Piccata 4.6/5 (15 Votes)
- Amazing Chicken Tortilla Soup 4/5 (12 Votes)