Corn and Crawfish Chowder
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 qt. seafood or chicken stock & clam juice
- 3 med. potatoes, peeled and diced sm.
- 1 small turnip, peeled and diced small
- 1 med. onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 (14 oz.) can corn
- 1 (14 oz.) can creamed corn
- dash of cumin
- dash of thyme
- 4 oz. heavy cream
- 1 lb. crawfish tails
1. In a 4 quart heavy gauge saucepan, heat olive oil. Add onion, carrots and celery and saute over low heat with the cover on until transparent.
2. Add potatoes and turnip and cook an additional 5 to 10 minutes.
3. Add stock and corn and simmer for 30 minutes.
4. Add crawfish and spice and check for salt.
5. Finish with cream just before serving.