Sharp Cheddar Chili Cheese Crackers
You'll never buy cheese crackers at the store again, now that you have this SHarp Cheddar Chili Cheese Cracker recipe on hand you can have those cheesy crackers that you're craving anytime. FIlled with the zesty flavors of ancho chili powder, smoked paprika, and garlic powder, these scrumptious morsels are so good you can even package them up and gift them to your family and friends year-round.
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature, 1/2 stick
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, finely grated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ancho chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 50mins
In the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat together butter, cheese, salt, and pepper. It may seem strange to blend butter and cheese, but it will come together in a softball. With mixer on low-speed, slowly add flour. Mixture will become dry and crumbly. Add 2 tablespoons of water, 1 tablespoon at a time. Beat until mixture just comes together into a ball. The mixture may take an extra teaspoon of water, but don’t add too much. The dough should be moist but not wet.
Knead the spices into the dough. Leaving streaks of the seasoning is just fine. Wrap each disk of cracker dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, but an hour is better. The dough can also be frozen for future use.
While dough chills, place a rack in the center and upper third of the oven and preheat oven to 375°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
On a lightly floured work surface, roll the dough very thin, about an eighth of an inch thick. Use a round cookie cutter to cut out the crackers. If you like them square, you can just use a knife and cut the dough into squares. Dot center of cracker with a fork so that it cooks evenly.
Place crackers on prepared baking sheets. The pieces can be close together as they won’t expand much when baking. Bake for 13 to 15 minutes until fragrant, golden brown, and crisp. Allow to cool before serving.
The crackers can be stored in an airtight container for 2 or 3 days.
You'll also love
- Garlic Mashed Red Potatoes Recipe 4.4/5 (24 Votes)
- Mini Lemon Meringue Pies 4.5/5 (23 Votes)
- Roast Turkey with Truffle Butter... 4.5/5 (23 Votes)
- Peanut Butter Reindeer Cookies 4.3/5 (45 Votes)
- Cheesy Hawaiian Dip 4.4/5 (30 Votes)
- Jalapeño Cream Cheese Cocktail... 4.4/5 (31 Votes)
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry... 4.6/5 (15 Votes)
- Scalloped Wreath Gingerbread... 4.6/5 (15 Votes)