Penne with Asparagus, Pistachios and Mint (Cooking LIght)
- 8 oz. penne pasta
- 5 tsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 lb. asparagus, trimmed and cut diagonally into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 3 green onions, chopped, white and green parts divided
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 tsp koshe salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 2 tsp butter
- 1.5 oz pecorino Romano cheese, grated (1/3 cup)
- 1/4 cup chopped psitachios
- 2 TBS chopped fresh mint
Cook pasta accounting to package directions, omitting fat and salt. Drain in colanderover a bowl reservign 1/4 cup cooking liquid. Return pasta and 1/4 cup reserved liquid to pot. Cover and keep warm over low heat.
Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 TBS oil to pan, swirl to coat. Add asparagus and saute e minutes. Stir in white parts of green onion and garlic, cook 30 seconds. Add wine,, cook 1 minute. Add asparagus mixture, salt, pepper, to pasta mixutre. Stir in remaining 2 tsp oil, remaining green onios , butter and cheese. Put pasta in large pasta bolw and sprinkle evenly with pistachios and mint.