Pressure Cooker Kalua Pork
This dish is delish! Fork tender pressure cooked Kalua Pork, a very popular slow cooker recipe adapted to make it ready much faster. Perfect served over rice!
- Vegetable oil
- 4 pounds pork shoulder (butt) roast, cut in two pieces
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon hickory liquid smoke
- 2 teaspoons coarse kosher salt, or Hawaiian salt
Select Browning and add oil to the cooking pot. When hot, brown pork roast on both sides, about 3 minutes per side. Brown each half of the roast separately. Remove to a platter when browned.
Turn pressure cooker off and add water and liquid smoke to the cooking pot. Add browned roasts and any accumulated juices to the pot. Sprinkle the salt over the top of the pork roasts.
Select High Pressure and set timer for 90 minutes. When beep sounds, use a natural pressure release to release pressure (approximately 20 minutes). When valve drops carefully remove lid.
Remove the meat from the pressure cooker and shred with two forks (discard excess fat as you shredded). Add some of the juices from the pressure cooker to moisten the meat.
Based on using a 6 quart Cuisinart electric pressure cooker. Using a manual cooker, your times may be different.
You'll also love
- Best Broccoli Ever 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Chinese Beef Stir Fry 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Grilled Chicken Fajitas with... 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Crockpot 3-Ingredient Balsamic... 4/5 (58 Votes)
- Pistachio Wedding Cookies 4.1/5 (47 Votes)
- Deluxe Sugar Cookies 4.2/5 (32 Votes)
- Easy Beef Taco Filling 4.4/5 (19 Votes)
- Maple-Bacon Upside-Down Biscuits 4.4/5 (19 Votes)