Best Broccoli Ever
Normally, broccoli gets squishy when you cook it. Not this broccoli; it develops an amazing brown crust in spots. Then you toss it with lemon juice, lemon zest, and Parmesan cheese and you’re in heaven.
the magic combo of the crispy broccoli, the garlic, the lemon and the cheese will make this the best broccoli of your life.
- Put the broccoli on a cookie sheet. Toss with:
- Take 4 to 5 pounds of broccoli (I just got two large bunches),
- cut into florets (but relatively big ones.)
- dry them THOROUGHLY. That is, if you wash them.
- 5 T olive oil,
- salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 tsps kosher salt,
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper
- add 4 garlic cloves that are peeled and sliced and toss them in too.
Adapted from amateurgourmet.com
Preheat oven to 425*
Roast in the oven 20 to 25 minutes, until “crisp-tender and the tips of some of the florets are browned.”
When it’s done, take it out of the oven–and here’s where it gets really good–zest a lemon over the broccoli, squeeze the lemon juice over the broccoli,
add 1.5 Tbs more olive oil,
3 Tbs toasted pine nuts (I left those out
1/3 cup of freshly grated Parmesan cheese.