Peppermint Sugar Cookie Bars
These Peppermint Sugar Cookie Bars are always a favorite for the Holidays but we enjoy them throughout the year, they're so good!
- 1 (16.5 or 18-ounce) roll refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 1/2 cups white baking pieces
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- Crushed red and/or green peppermint candies or chopped candy-cane-flavor white chocolate kisses
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from bhg.com
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 13x9x2-inch baking pan with foil, extending the foil over edges of pan; set aside.
In a large bowl stir together cookie dough and peppermint extract until combined. Press dough onto the bottom of the prepared baking pan. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
Sprinkle warm uncut bars with white baking pieces; let stand for 5 minutes. Spread softened baking pieces evenly over uncut bars. Cool in pan on a wire rack.
In a small saucepan bring whipping cream just to boiling over medium-high heat. Remove from heat. Add semisweet chocolate (do not stir). Let stand for 5 minutes. Stir until smooth. Cool for 15 minutes. Pour chocolate mixture over cooled uncut bars, spreading evenly. Sprinkle with crushed candies. Chill about 1 hour or until set. Using the edges of the foil, lift uncut bars out of pan. Cut into bars and enjoy!
You'll also love
- French-Style Cream Cheese Spread 4.3/5 (14 Votes)
- Split Pea Soup 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- Creme de Menthe Layer Cake 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- 5-Ingredient Dark Chocolate... 4.3/5 (19 Votes)
- Peanut Butter Banana Breakfast... 4.1/5 (18 Votes)
- Chikin' Legs Rice Krispie Treats 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Perfect Sugar Cookie Cut-outs 4.1/5 (20 Votes)
- Aunt Esther's Sugar Cookies 4/5 (2 Votes)
Review this recipe