Fresh Campari Tomato Sauce
- 16-17 Campari tomatoes
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 4-5 large cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup basil, chopped
- 1 dessert spoon of sugar
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Preparation time 45mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from fionalikesfood.com
1. Pour enough olive oil in a 10″ skillet to cover it by about 1/4 inch.
2. Place tomatoes in bowl and cover with boiling water for 1 minute.
3. Drain, peel and slice tomatoes in half horizontally.
4. Arrange tomatoes in skillet cut sides up.
5. Sprinkle with sliced garlic, salt, pepper, sugar and chopped basil.
6. Simmer over medium heat for about 30 minutes, or until garlic is translucent and juices have thickened slightly.
7. Spoon over pasta and serve with Parmesan cheese and fresh basil.
8. Annnnnd shrimp, if you’re feeling naughty.