Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana
- 1 lb Italian sausage (I like mild sausage)
- 2 large russet baking potatoes, sliced in half,and then in 1/4 inch slices
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 can oscar meyer bacon bit
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups kale or swiss chard, chopped
- 2 cans chicken broth
- 1 quart water
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
Adapted from recipezaar.com
1. Cook sausage in a 300�F oven for approximately 30 minutes.
2. Drain sausages on paper towels and cut into slices.
3. Place onions, potatoes, chicken broth, water, garlic in pot, and cook on medium heat until potatoes are done.
4. Add sausage and bacon.
5. Salt and pepper to taste.
6. Simmer for another 10 minutes.
7. Turn to low heat.
8. Add kale and cream.
9. Heat through and serve.