Hawaiian Tri-Tip Steak with Avocado-Chili Relish
Another excellent steak recipe. Very delicious! You can make this alone, or with the relish.
Recipe from Cook's Wares, Cincinnati, OH
- Avocado-Chili Relish:
- 1 tri-tip roast
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 14 oz. pineapple juice
- 1 teaspoon hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 recipe Avocado-Chili Relish (see below)
- 1 cup mango or papaya, finely diced 1/2 inch
- 1 cup pineapple, finely diced, 1/2 inch
- 2 avocados, pitted and finely diced 1/2 inch
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped coarsely
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1 serrano or jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste
To make the steak marinade:
Mix all of the ingredients together and whisk to emulsify.
Immerse the roast into the mixture and marinate overnight in the refrigerator in a ziplock top bag.
Drain steak. Grill steaks to your liking (130 degrees for medium).
When finished, let steak rest for at least 5 minutes before carving.
Serve with Avocado-Chili Relish
To make the Relish:
Gently toss all of the ingredients together and let it sit a minimum of one hour.