Weight Watchers Chicken and Orange Salad
POINTS® Value: 5
Preparation Time: 15 min
Cooking Time: 0 min
Level of Difficulty: Easy
Get a delicious vitamin C-boost with this citrusy salad. Vary the fruit by subbing two tangerines or seedless clementines for the orange.
- 1 medium orange(s), navel, peeled, white pith removed, cut into bite-size pieces
- 5 oz cooked skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 cup(s) romaine lettuce, coarsely chopped or torn
- 2 small shallot(s), minced
- 1 large celery, rib, chopped
- 2 Tbsp sliced almonds,
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 1/2 tsp water
- 1 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/8 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
* In a large bowl, combine orange, chicken, lettuce, shallot, celery and almonds.
* To make dressing, combine remaining ingredients in a cup; stir well to blend in honey. Pour dressing over salad just before serving; toss gently but well. Yields about 2 cups per serving.