Lemon-Basil Chicken with Zucchini Noodles
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (6 to 8 ounces each)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 shallot, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup torn fresh basil
- 3/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons cold unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 pounds zucchini noodles
- Red pepper flakes, for topping
Preparation time 35mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
Spread 1/4 cup flour on a large plate. Season the chicken with salt and pepper, then dredge in the flour and shake off the excess. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil and heat until shimmering, then add the chicken and cook until golden and almost cooked through, 5 to 6 minutes per side.
Push the chicken to the edges of the skillet, add the shallot and basil stems to the middle and cook until softened but not browned, about 1 minute. Stir in the remaining 1 tablespoon flour and cook 1 minute. Add the chicken broth and lemon juice and bring to a boil, scraping up any browned bits. Reduce the heat and simmer, turning the chicken occasionally, until cooked through and the sauce is thick, 3 to 4 minutes. Turn off the heat and swirl in 2 tablespoons butter until melted. Add the lemon zest and season with salt and pepper.
Melt the remaining 1 tablespoon butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the zucchini noodles and season with salt and pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, until just softened, 2 to 3 minutes. Toss in half the torn basil. Divide among plates and top with the chicken, lemon sauce, remaining basil and red pepper flakes.