Tomato Basil Pasta Salad
Fresh tomatoes and basil are the stars of this pasta salad! Bring the salad to room temperature before serving, so the cheeses have full flavor.
Rate this recipe 4.6/5 (37 Votes)
- 2 pounds plum (Roma) tomatoes, chopped, about 8 to 10 medium
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup olive or vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes, about 2 cups
- 1 (1 pound) package rotini pasta
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Cooking time 145mins
Adapted from bettycrocker.com
In large bowl, mix tomatoes, garlic, salt, pepper, oil, basil and mozzarella cheese. Cover; refrigerate 2 hours to blend flavors.
Meanwhile, cook and drain pasta as directed on package. Rinse with cold water to cool; drain.
In large serving bowl, mix cooked pasta and tomato mixture until well combined. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over top of salad.
You'll also love
- Gooey Apple Pull-Apart Bread 4.5/5 (39 Votes)
- Bacon-Wrapped Chicken Stuffed with... 4.3/5 (53 Votes)
- SWISS STEAK WITH EGG NOODLES 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Chili Bruschetta with Tomatoes and... 4/5 (3 Votes)
- roasted tomato basil soup with... 4.7/5 (14 Votes)
Review this recipe