Tomato Basil Pasta Salad
Fresh tomatoes and basil are the stars of this pasta salad! Bring the salad to room temperature before serving, so the cheeses have full flavor.
- 2 pounds plum (Roma) tomatoes, chopped, about 8 to 10 medium
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup olive or vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes, about 2 cups
- 1 (1 pound) package rotini pasta
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Cooking time 145mins
Adapted from bettycrocker.com
In large bowl, mix tomatoes, garlic, salt, pepper, oil, basil and mozzarella cheese. Cover; refrigerate 2 hours to blend flavors.
Meanwhile, cook and drain pasta as directed on package. Rinse with cold water to cool; drain.
In large serving bowl, mix cooked pasta and tomato mixture until well combined. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over top of salad.