Sausage, Cannellini, and Tomato Ragout
- 6 ounces bulk hot Italian sausage
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon unsalted tomato paste
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup dry red wine
- 3/4 cup unsalted chicken stock (such as Swanson)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Dash of crushed red pepper
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can unsalted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15-ounce) can unsalted cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
Adapted from myrecipes.com
1. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage to pan; cook 2 minutes, stirring to crumble. Remove sausage from pan.
Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add onion; sauté 3 minutes. Add tomato paste and garlic; cook 1 minute, stirring frequently. Add wine; cook 1 minute, scraping pan to loosen browned bits.
Stir in stock and next 5 ingredients (through beans); reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 20 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir in cooked sausage and oregano.
Serve over pasta or polenta.
You'll also love
- Louis Solley's Roast Cauliflower,... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Spring Pea Salad with Creamy Curry... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Skillet Pork Tenderloin Stroganoff 5/5 (2 Votes)
- STUFFED PORK LOIN WITH CREAM CHEESE 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Steak Dogs with Beans, Home Fried... 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Spaghetti with Anchovy, Fresh... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- ANDOUILLE SAUSAGE AND CORN CHOWDER 4.5/5 (2 Votes)