Zucchini Pizza Casserole
- 4 cups shredded unpeeled zucchini
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (15 ounces) Italian tomato sauce
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
Adapted from tasteofhome.com
Place zucchini in strainer; sprinkle with salt. Let stand for 10
minutes. Squeeze out moisture.
Combine zucchini with the eggs, Parmesan and half of the mozzarella
and cheddar cheeses. Press into greased 13x9 baking dish.
Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook beef and
onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add
tomato sauce; spoon over zucchini mixture. Sprinkle with remaining cheeses; add green pepper. Bake 20 minutes longer or until heated through.