Strawberry Shortcake Squares
You will love this delicious no-fuss Strawberry Shortcake Squares recipe that serves 15.
- 3 cups Original Bisquick® mix
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 cups fresh strawberries, sliced (about 2 pound)
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 90mins
Adapted from bettycrocker.com
Heat oven to 350°F. Grease bottom and sides of 13x9-inch pan with shortening; lightly flour (or spray pan with baking spray with flour). In large bowl, beat cake ingredients with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour into pan.
Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
In chilled small bowl, beat whipping cream on high speed until soft peaks form; set aside. In medium bowl, beat cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla on medium speed until well blended. Fold in whipped cream.
Frost top of cooled cake with whipped cream mixture. If desired, frosted cake can be refrigerated up to 6 hours. To serve, cut cake into squares; place on individual dessert plates. Top with strawberries.
Make it with peaches, kiwifruit, raspberries or your favorite fruit combo.
You'll also love
- Mushroom Cookies 4/5 (165 Votes)
- Macaroni Grill's Pasta Milano 4/5 (90 Votes)
- Ruth's Chris Chopped Salad 3.8/5 (119 Votes)
- Pretzel Bread Bowls 4.2/5 (57 Votes)
- Baked Mini Potato Galettes 4.2/5 (59 Votes)
- Raspberry Crumb Bars 4.6/5 (34 Votes)
- Rum Raisin Butter Tart Squares 4.6/5 (35 Votes)
- Grandma's Soft Italian Wedding... 4.3/5 (55 Votes)