Grandma's Soft Italian Wedding Cookies with Frosting (Wedding Tray Cookies)
"Mom's and Grandma's special recipe handed down from generation to generation. You will often find this soft frosted cookies on large trays at Italian weddings and other Italian functions. Very versatile, flavored any way you like them. I love to tint them at Christmas in green or pink for the holiday." - Claudia from What's Cookin' Italian Style Cuisine
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoon lemon, almond, vanilla or anise extract
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 1/2 cup confectionary sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter softened
- 1 teaspoons of extract of your choice above
- 2 to 3 tablespoons water to mix
- Mix adding more water if this is too thick to spread, add more 10x sugar if it's too thin.. beat till smooth.
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from pegasuslegend-whatscookin.blogspot.com
Mix butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla, extract, flour, and baking powder in a bowl, drop on cookies sheets by teaspoons.
Bake at 350°F till brown. Allow cooling then add frosting and colored sprinkles.