Ruth's Chris Chopped Salad
Craving that salad from Ruth's Chris Steakhouse but don't want to leave the house? This is a copycat recipe that will give you a salad that tastes just as good, if not better.
- LEMON BASIL DRESSING:
- 8 cups packed julienned strips iceberg lettuce, can substitute romaine lettuce
- 1 cup packed julienned strips fresh spinach
- 1 cup packed julienned strips radicchio
- 1 ⁄3 cup red onion, sliced very thin
- 1/2 cup chopped green olives
- 6 ounces fresh mushrooms , sliced, washed and drained, about 2 cups
- 4 eggs, hard-boiled and chopped
- 1 (14-ounce) can chilled hearts of palm , rinsed, well-drained and sliced
- 1/2 pound applewood-smoked bacon , chopped, fried until crisp, drained
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese (4 ounces)
- 1/2 cup croutons
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Crispy fried onions, for garnish
- 2 cups sour cream, or use 1 cup sour cream and 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 5 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, about 1 lemon
- Seasoned salt and garlic pepper seasoning
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 15mins
In a very large bowl, combine lettuce, spinach, radicchio, red onions, green olives, mushrooms, eggs, hearts of palm and bacon; toss well.
Add crumbled blue cheese, croutons and about 1/2 to 3/4 of Lemon Basil Dressing; toss until well mixed.
Divide salad among 4 dinner plates, garnish with cherry tomato halves and top salads with crispy fried onions.
LEMON BASIL DRESSING:
Combine all ingredients, add seasoned salt and garlic pepper to taste.
Mix well; refrigerate until serving.
Refrigerate any leftover dressing.