Chorizo Potato Stew
You'll enjoy this flavorful Chorizo Potato Stew recipe.
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 onion, chopped
- Kosher salt
- 3 fully cooked chorizo sausages (about 8-ounces), sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- Freshly ground pepper
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon smoked Spanish paprika
- 1 small bunch Swiss chard, stems removed, leaves chopped (about 6-cups)
- Chopped fresh parsley, for topping
- Toasted crusty bread, for serving
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
Heat the olive oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the onion, season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft and slightly browned, about 5 minutes. Add the chorizo and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned around the edges, about 3 minutes.
Add the garlic and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Add the potatoes, 1/2 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until well coated, about 3 more minutes.
Add the chicken broth, bay leaves and paprika. Bring to a simmer, then reduce the heat to medium and cook 12 minutes. Add the chard; cover and cook, stirring, until the potatoes are tender and the chard is wilted, 3 more minutes.
Season with salt and pepper. Ladle into bowls; top with parsley, drizzle with olive oil and serve with bread.
You'll also love
- Beef Stroganoff with Broccoli 4.6/5 (15 Votes)
- Zucchini Cookies made with Oats,... 4.8/5 (10 Votes)
- Corned Beef and Swiss Mini Pot Pies 4.4/5 (40 Votes)
- Whipped Potatoes & Parsnips with... 4.8/5 (10 Votes)
- Italian Sausage and Orzo Skillet 4.6/5 (24 Votes)
- Pasta alla Norcina 4.2/5 (49 Votes)
- Homemade Mexican Chorizo 4.3/5 (29 Votes)
- Spanish-Style Oxtails Braised with... 4.4/5 (21 Votes)
Review this recipe