Christmas Tree Cupcakes
Christmas is right around the corner! Show your holiday spirit with these tasty chocolate Christmas Tree Cupcakes, everyone loves them!
- sugar pearls for decoration
- star shaped candies or yellow fondant for stars on top
- CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon fine salt
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons espresso powder
- 3/4 cups vegetable oil
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
- 3 tablespoon unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- green food coloring
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from cupcakesgarden.com
Preheat the oven to 350°F, and line your cupcake pans with your liners.
In a large bowl, mixed together flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, espresso powder and salt. With electric mixer beat together oil, eggs, and vanilla extract on medium speed until combined well.
Add whisked liquids to dry ingredients and mix well just until evenly combine.
Fill cupcake liners about 3/4 full.
Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean (it takes about 20 minutes).
Wait for the cupcakes to cool completely before icing.
FROSTING THE CUPCAKES:
Mix well the butter, icing sugar and cream cheese in a bowl until it creamy, add the vanilla and green food color and mix well.
Pipe the frosting in lines, starting from center of the cupcake to the edges, layer by layer, until you achieve the Christmas tree shape, sprinkled with colored sugar pearls or candies, put the star on top of the tree.
You'll also love
- Homemade Cherry Pie Filling = The... 4.6/5 (21 Votes)
- Frozen Peach Bellini 4.2/5 (61 Votes)
- Ina Garten's Baked Blintzes with... 4.2/5 (57 Votes)
- Lidia's Almond-Apricot Butter... 4.1/5 (47 Votes)
- Healthy Paleo Fudge 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
Review this recipe