Peach Cobbler Ice Cream with Bourbon-Caramel Sauce
Here's a peach of an easy ice cream recipe that tastes like a summer peach pie! The homemade caramel sauce with a splash of bourbon makes it special.
- ICE CREAM:
- 4 ounces refrigerated pie dough
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup peeled peaches, chopped, divided (about 2 medium peaches)
- 1/2 cup fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons peach schnapps
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Dash salt
- 2 cups frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon light-colored corn syrup
- Dash salt
- 1/4 cup half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon bourbon
Preparation time 12mins
Cooking time 532mins
Adapted from myrecipes.com
Preheat oven to 425°F.
To prepare ice cream, place pie dough on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper; lightly coat with cooking spray.
Combine sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
Sprinkle sugar mixture evenly over pie dough. Using a knife or pizza cutter, score dough at 1-inch intervals.
Bake 10 minutes or until browned.
Cool completely; break into 1/2-inch pieces. Set aside.
Place 1/2 cup peaches in a medium bowl, and mash with a fork until almost smooth.
Add the remaining 1/2 cup peaches and next 4 ingredients (through dash of salt); stir well.
Gently fold in the crumbled pie crust and whipped topping.
Scoop the mixture into a freezer-safe container; cover and freeze overnight.
Combine sugar, water, corn syrup, and salt in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring just until sugar melts; bring to a boil. Cook 12 minutes or until amber; remove from heat.
Drizzle in half-and-half, stirring constantly with a whisk.
Add butter and bourbon; whisk until smooth.
Serve over peach ice cream.
You'll also love
- Classic Vanilla Pound Cake 4.5/5 (26 Votes)
- Mexican Stroganoff 4.5/5 (27 Votes)
- No-Knead Crusty White Bread 4.2/5 (35 Votes)
- Crab Stuffed Lobster Rayna 4.5/5 (26 Votes)
- Cocada: Easy Coconut Bark 4.5/5 (26 Votes)
- French Onion Soup Burger 4.5/5 (26 Votes)
- No-Bake Blueberry Cheesecake with... 4.3/5 (28 Votes)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream 4.5/5 (26 Votes)