Classic Vanilla Pound Cake
A moist and delicious pound cake that has stood the test of time. Simple recipe with only a few common ingredients.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 sticks (3/4 cup) butter, softened
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 3 extra-large eggs (I used Jumbos)
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Grease a standard size loaf pan then line with parchment paper.
In a mixing bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
In a large mixing bowl and using a hand mixer, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, 4-5 minutes. Using low speed of mixer beat in the eggs, one at a time, just until each is incorporated. If the mixture starts to curdle, add a spoonful of the flour mixture in between adding the remaining eggs. Add the vanilla. Beat in half the milk and half the flour mixture until combined. Beat in the remaining milk; then gently fold in the remaining flour until well combined. Pour cake batter into the prepared loaf pan.
Bake for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan for about 10 minutes then remove to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
You'll also love
- No-Bake Blueberry Cheesecake with... 4.3/5 (28 Votes)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream 4.5/5 (26 Votes)
- Catch A Husband Cake 3.9/5 (97 Votes)
- Homestyle Chicken Tender Bake 4.3/5 (31 Votes)
- Shredded Chicken Enchiladas 4.3/5 (36 Votes)
- Sprinkle Cake with Swiss Meringue... 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Lemon Bundt Cake 4.4/5 (28 Votes)
- Fresh Peach Pound Cake 4.2/5 (47 Votes)