This mash-up of cuisines features a beef stroganoff with the addition of enchilada sauce, a no-brainer combination that your family will love.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 to 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 (8-ounce) can red enchilada sauce
- 1/2 cup chunky salsa
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 4 cups egg noodles, cooked
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- Green onions, sliced for garnish
Adapted from entreetolife.blogspot.com
Heat oven to 350°F. Place water in large pot over high heat to boil.
Cook egg noodles until al dente and strain.
Add salsa, sour cream and enchilada sauce to the skillet and gently stir until combined.
Grease a 9x9-inch pan with cooking spray and place the noodles in the dish. Then gently pour the sauce and beef mixture over top the noodles. Cover with the cheddar cheese and bake for 30 minutes.
If desired, scatter green onions over top the casserole before serving.
The only thing I would do differently next time is to use a hotter salsa and/or enchilada sauce. I had mild of both on hand and it could have used just a little more heat! I also might have thrown in a 1/4 to 1/2 an onion to cook with the beef, just for another level of flavor. I didn't have any white or yellow onions on hand, so I opted to top my dish with green onions to give it that onion kick. Other than that, it was great!
You'll also love
- No-Knead Crusty White Bread 4.4/5 (31 Votes)
- Red Velvet Chex Party Mix 4.5/5 (26 Votes)
- Flat Belly- Caribbean Chicken Salad 4.5/5 (27 Votes)
- Creamy Chicken Marsala 4.5/5 (21 Votes)
- Emeril's Best Beef Pressure-Cooker... 4.5/5 (25 Votes)
- Corned Beef and Vegetables -... 4.4/5 (28 Votes)
- Beef Stroganoff in an Instant Pot 4.1/5 (24 Votes)