Uncle Remus' Old Fashioned Corned Beef Hash
- 4 medium all-purpose potatoes - (abt 1 lb) peeled, and cut into 1/3" cubes
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil divided
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 8 ounces cooked corned beef cut into 1/4" dice
- 2 tablespoons coarsely-chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup heavy or whipping cream
Cook potatoes in lightly salted boiling water until tender, about 10 minutes. While potatoes are cooking, heat 1 tablespoon oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes. Transfer onion to a large bowl. Wipe skillet with a paper towel.
Drain potatoes and run under cold water. Add potatoes to onion in bowl, then mix in corned beef, parsley, and pepper. Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in skillet over medium heat. Spoon in corned beef mixture. Pat down with spatula, then pour cream evenly over hash.
Cover and cook for 10 minutes. Uncover, increase heat to medium-high, and cook 20 minutes more, until crusty and browned on the bottom. Use a spatula to turn hash.
This recipe yields 6 servings.