Baked Falafel Snack Bites
- ¾ cup drained and rinsed canned chickpeas 175 mL
- ¾ cup drained and rinsed canned black beans 175 mL
- ½ small onion, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp tahini paste 45 mL
- 2 tbsp lemon juice 30 mL
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided 30 mL
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ground cumin 5 mL
- 1 tsp baking powder 5 mL
- ¼ cup cooked quinoa 60 mL
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh parsley 60 mL
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 60mins
In food processor, add chickpeas, black beans, onion, tahini paste, lemon juice, 1 tbsp (15 mL) oil, garlic and cumin. Sprinkle baking powder evenly over top. Pulse, scraping down sides of bowl as needed, until mixture is smooth. Add quinoa and parsley; pulse until combined.
Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Using damp hands, roll chickpea-quinoa mixture into 24 balls. Arrange these falafels on parchment paper-lined baking sheet; brush with remaining 1 tbsp (15 mL) oil. Bake 18 to 20 min. or until set and golden brown on bottoms.
Serve warm or at room temperature. Or store chickpea-quinoa mixture in airtight container in refrigerator for up to 3 days before cooking. Store cooked falafels for up to 2 days in airtight container in refrigerator or freeze up to 1 month.
Add pinch of cayenne to chickpea-quinoa mixture for spice.