Tiny Spicy Chicken
Tiny tidbits of marinated and fried chicken covered with a sweet and spicy red sauce. This is a very similar dish to Sweet and Sour Chicken. So if you like Sweet and Sour Chicken, you'll love this Tiny Spicy Chicken!
- 1 egg white
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons ginger root, minced
- 2 tablespoons scallions
- 3 tablespoons catsup
- 1 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cooking sherry
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil (optional)
- 1 - 2 tablespoons chili oil (hot bean paste or Tabasco)
- REMAINING INGREDIENTS:
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken, boneless skinless, cut into 1 inch pieces
Marinate chicken in egg white, cornstarch, and salt for at least 1/2 hour.
Heat oil in wok, add garlic, ginger, and scallions. Stir fry for several seconds. Add chicken and cook until done. Remove chicken to separate dish. Add 1 -2 tablespoons more oil if needed. Add catsup and hot chili oil; cook until oil turns red.
In separate bowl, mix soy sauce, sugar, sherry, sesame oil (if desired) and cornstarch. Return chicken to wok. Pour sauce over; stir till sauce thickens.
You'll also love
- Paula Deen's Busy Day Chicken 3.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Chicken Curry without Coconut Milk 3.2/5 (26 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker Chicken Adobo 2.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Chicken and Asparagus Teriyaki... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lightened-Up Buffalo Chicken 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Summer Grilled Chicken with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Firecracker Chicken Stir Fry 0/5 (0 Votes)
Review this recipe