Slow Cooker Pork Cacciatore
This was so good and so different from chicken cacciatore. You make it and forget about it but 8 hours later a dinner to remember
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 8 pork country ribs ( I used with bone)
- 1 large onion, sliced very thin
- 1 large pkg of fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 red & green bell pepper seeded and sliced julienne strips
- 1 (28 oz) pasta sauce
- 1 (14.5 oz) fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp of sun dried paste (or regular paste)
- 1/2 cup white or red wine
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp pepper
- salt to taste
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup grated Italian cheese
- 1 chunk of pepperoni (optional)
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 240mins
1. Open diced tomatoes and drain.
2. In large frying pan, heat olive oil over medium high heat.
3. Add 4 ribs at a time. Season with salt/pepper and garlic powder. Brown on each side (5 minutes each). Place in crock pot (Will need 6-8 quart size crock pot)
4. Continue cooking balance of ribs. (Season each side)
5. Add onions add paste, mix and saute till brown. Add mushrooms and peppers. Stirring occasionally for 7-10 minutes. Pour over ribs in crock pot.
6. In frying pan, add pasta sauce, diced tomatoes, white wine, and seasonings. Add cheese. Bring to boil, then add to crock pot.
7. Place pepperoni into crock pot if using.
8. On high cook for 6 hours, then lower to low and cook till meat is tender.
9. Serve over rice or pasta.
Note: if you want pork & chicken, add either 4 thighs or 4 drumsticks, cook them as you did ribs.