Turkey Black Bean Burgers
- The Lady and Sons House Seasoning:
- 1/4 cup salt
- 1 TBS pepper
- 1 TBS garlic powder
- 1 TBS onion powder
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/4 lbs ground turkey
- 1/2 (15 oz) can black beans, rinsed, drained and lightly mashed
- 1 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 2 tsp The Lady and Sons House Seasonings, recipe follows
- 1 TBS chili powder
- 1 TBS ground cumin
- 1 avocado, halved, peeled, pitted and firmly diced, for serving
- Sour cream, for serving
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 15mins
The Lady and Sons House Seasoning:
Combine all the ingredients. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 6 months.
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2) Heat the olive oil in a lrg skillet over med-high heat. In a lrg bowl, combine the turkey, beans, tortilla chips, house seasoning, chili powder and cumin. Use your hands to form the mixture into 8 equal sized patties, working in batches if necessary. Cook the patties until no longer pink in the middle, 4 - 5 mins per side. Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake for 2 - 3 mins. Transfer the patties to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
3) Top with salsa, avocado slices and sour cream if desired. Recipe for Corny Salsa pairs well.
You'll also love
- Lemon Caper Beurre Blanc Seafood... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Texas-Style Peanut Butter Baked... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cheesy Ranch Broccoli &... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Easy Canned Venison 0/5 (0 Votes)
- White Bean Vegetable Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cauliflower and Cannellini Bean... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Turkey Devonshire 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Turkey Gravy (Vitamix) 0/5 (0 Votes)