Turkey Black Bean Burgers
- The Lady and Sons House Seasoning:
- 1/4 cup salt
- 1 TBS pepper
- 1 TBS garlic powder
- 1 TBS onion powder
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/4 lbs ground turkey
- 1/2 (15 oz) can black beans, rinsed, drained and lightly mashed
- 1 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 2 tsp The Lady and Sons House Seasonings, recipe follows
- 1 TBS chili powder
- 1 TBS ground cumin
- 1 avocado, halved, peeled, pitted and firmly diced, for serving
- Sour cream, for serving
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 15mins
The Lady and Sons House Seasoning:
Combine all the ingredients. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 6 months.
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2) Heat the olive oil in a lrg skillet over med-high heat. In a lrg bowl, combine the turkey, beans, tortilla chips, house seasoning, chili powder and cumin. Use your hands to form the mixture into 8 equal sized patties, working in batches if necessary. Cook the patties until no longer pink in the middle, 4 - 5 mins per side. Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake for 2 - 3 mins. Transfer the patties to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
3) Top with salsa, avocado slices and sour cream if desired. Recipe for Corny Salsa pairs well.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (702 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (665 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (486 Votes)
- Texas Trash Warm Bean Dip 4.5/5 (184 Votes)
- Minestrone Soup 4.4/5 (148 Votes)