Steak Tips with Red Wine Sauce
Serve these succulent steak tips with bacon wrapped asparagus and oven roasted rosemary potatoes for a super easy, gourmet meal!
- 1 1/2 pounds sirloin steak tips, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1/2 cup red wine (such as a Cotes due Rhone or Pinot Noir)
- 1 teaspoon packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from cookscountry.com
Pat steak tips dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper.
Heat oil in 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat until just smoking. Add steak tips and cook until well browned all over and meat registers 125° (for medium-rare), 5 to 7 minutes.
Transfer to plate and tent loosely with aluminum foil.
Add 1 tablespoon butter to now-empty skillet and melt over medium heat. Add shallot and cook until softened, about 2 minutes. Add wine and sugar and simmer until nearly evaporated, about 3 minutes. Add broth and any accumulated steak juice from plate and simmer until liquid is reduced to 1/3 cup, about 3 minutes.
Off heat, whisk in remaining 3 tablespoons butter and thyme. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Return steak tips to skillet and toss with sauce. Serve.
You'll also love
- Stuffed Eggplant with Ricotta,... 4.5/5 (56 Votes)
- Lobster Roll 4.5/5 (51 Votes)
- Au Gratin Potatoes - Weight... 4.6/5 (43 Votes)
- Lemon Crinkle Cookies 4.4/5 (56 Votes)
- Chinese Pulled Pork 4.4/5 (62 Votes)
- Beef and Potato Burritos 4.5/5 (50 Votes)
- Crockpot Pizza Pasta 4.4/5 (61 Votes)
- Olive Garden Chicken Scampi 4.4/5 (55 Votes)