Similar to salmon patties, these mackerel patties are easy to make for a quick supper. Serve with a side of potatoes or rice, and some steamed veggies.
Rate this recipe 3.9/5 (247 Votes)
- 1 (15-ounce) can mackerel
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 1 cup cornmeal
- Oil, for frying
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 15mins
In a large bowl, empty can of mackerel, liquid and all. Add egg, flour and 1/4 cup cornmeal.
Mix, adding a little bit more cornmeal, until you can easily make patties.
Put about 1/2 inch of oil in a large skillet and heat. Place patties in hot oil and brown, flip and brown other side.
You'll also love
- Slow Cooker Autumn Harvest Veggie... 4.5/5 (77 Votes)
- Red Velvet Poke Cake 4.3/5 (101 Votes)
- Weight Watchers Cauliflower Au... 4.2/5 (105 Votes)
- Marshmallow Caramel Popcorn 4.3/5 (94 Votes)
- Newborn Babies Deviled Eggs (Baby... 3.7/5 (400 Votes)
- Tuna Hummus Crostini 4.4/5 (78 Votes)
- Bubba Gump Coconut Shrimp 4.1/5 (85 Votes)
- Panko Crusted Crab Cake Bites with... 4.5/5 (42 Votes)
Review this recipe