Copycat Betty Crocker Date Bars
Copycat Betty Crocker Date Bars are the best recipe to make over the weekend so that you have a quick and healthy breakfast or snack ready and waiting for you throughout the week. This recipe contains healthy quick cooking oats and pitted dates for a flavorful breakfast bar or snack that your whole family will love. These bars travel nicely so feel free to put one or two in a ziptop bag and put them in your lunch, your kids' lunches, and your work bag.
- DATE FILLING:
- 3 cups chopped pitted dates, about 1-pound
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 3/4 all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups quick cooking oats, uncooked
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 60mins
Adapted from recipelink.com
In 2 quart saucepan, cook filling ingredients over low heat for about ten minutes, stirring constantly until thickened. Cool five minutes.
Heat oven to 400°F. Grease a 9x13-inch pan with shortening.
In a large bowl, stir brown sugar, and butter until well mixed. Stir in oats, baking soda, and salt until crumbly. Press half the mixture evenly in the bottom of the pan. Spread evenly with cooled filling. Top with remaining crumb mixture, press lightly.
Bake 25 to 30 minutes until light brown. Cool 5 minutes on cooling rack, then cut into rows while still warm.
You'll also love
- Kentucky Hot Brown Casserole 3.6/5 (13 Votes)
- Carrabba's Alfredo Sauce 3.8/5 (28 Votes)
- Buddig Beef Cheese Ball 3.9/5 (16 Votes)
- Cheesy Ground Beef and Potato... 4/5 (9 Votes)
- Oriental Green Beans (Weight... 3.9/5 (11 Votes)
- Cassava Cake (Panlasang Pinoy) 4/5 (15 Votes)
- Pickled Okra 3.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Chicken Divan - Magic Pan 3.7/5 (42 Votes)