- 1 1/2 cups soy protein isolate
- 3 tablespoons whey protein
- 1 cup Splenda
- 1 1/2 tablespoons liquid or granular lecithin see * Note 1
- 1 1/2 tablespoons glycerin see * Note 2
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons coconut or almond oil
- 1 tablespoon Jok n Al sugarfree pineapple preserves (or 2 tbspns finely chopped unsweetened fresh pineapple)
- 1/2 teaspoon pineapple extract
* Note 1: Lecithin, both granular and liquid can be found in most health food stores. If you can't locate it, it can be ordered online. Granular lecithin can be ordered from King Arthur Flour Baker's Catalogue and liquid lecithin can be ordered from VitaGlo (do a search for "lecithin liquid".)
* Note 2: Vegetable Glycerin can be found in most health food stores. If you can't locate it, it can be ordered online from Miss Roben's (do a search for "glycerin").
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Combine soy, whey and Splenda in a food processor. Add remaining ingredients. Pulse on high until a soft dough forms. Remove dough and knead by hand for twenty-ish strokes.
Press into an 8- by 5-inch pan and bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cut into bars while still hot. Allow to cool and store in airtight container.
This recipe yields 6 bars; approximately 3 carb grams per bar.